Palindromes and other games to keep the brain exercised.

To have a truly healthy body you must have a healthy mind.  So you need to work your brain with mental exercise, in the same way you might use physical exercise for your body. I thought this might intrigue you.  It has a great message and it's a palindrome.  What's a palindrome do you ask?  Well watch the video first, it's only 1 minute 44 seconds in length and it's worth watching.

Lost Generation

What a fantastic message and a palindrome with it.  A palindrome is a word or verse which reads the same backwards as forwards.  A word example is level.  The clever part of this video, which was put together by a twenty year old for a competition, is that though the words are the same either way, the pauses and tone she uses make the same words have a completely different meaning.


I used to use a training exercise to show that emails can create mayhem as you have lost both your body language, (around 70% of your communication), and your tone, (a further 23%), leaving you only the words - believe it or not a mere 7% of our communication.  Is it any wonder it is easy to offend people via email.  Try this.  Read each sentence aloud and put your emphasis on the word in bold. (Say it a bit louder than the rest if you are not sure what I mean.)

I did not say time management eliminates all frustrations
I did not say time management eliminates all frustrations

I did not say time management eliminates all frustrations

I did not say time management eliminates all frustrations


In the first perhaps someone else said it, 2nd maybe something else eliminates all frustrations, 3rd you didn't say anything like this and last, perhaps it eliminates only some frustrations.

So come on, let's work that brain,  Can you create your own simple palindrome?  Share it in the comments section if you can.  Move it or lose it is true for all areas of our body, our brain included!

2 comments:

  1. I really don't have a palindrome to share but when I saw that there were 0 comments I had to laugh...I'm not the only one with a sluggish brain! I realize that when I have new equipment to learn before a surgical case..you'd think that would keep my brain young as technology changes so quickly...thanks for a "thoughtful" post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea, Cheryl,
    I must try this to avoid misunderstandings on the forum I belong to.
    (& I have to admit my brain is getting a little sluggish in retirement - hence me taking up blogging).

    ReplyDelete