The Season of Colds
I'm not feeling 100% today. I think a cold bug might have found me. Sore throat, head starting to feel a little blocked. Nothing significant, but enough to make me feel a bit less zingy than I like to be. So what action have I taken?
1) I have a homeopathic first aid kit and the instant I feel a cold coming on I give myself a squirt under the tongue of ABC (Aconite, belladonna and coloynthus). I'll continue this every 4 or so hours today.
2) I'm resting, well at least I didn't do my normal exercises and walk this morning. I find these things pass much faster if you can do as little as possible physically.
3) I'm drinking lots of fluids, including room temperature water with lemon juice and a hot honey and lemon juice drink. (Just boiling water with raw honey and freshly squeezed lemon juice).
4) If my head does get stuffy, (I'm not there yet) I'll add some drops of rosemary, peppermint and eucalyptus to my hankie. Wonderful to clear the passages and a must to be able to sleep well at night. I've just popped them in a burner for now.
5) I add extra relaxation exercises into my day, (3 or more rather than 1 or 2). As I chose one this morning I realised I didn't include one of my healing favourites when I spoke about relaxation/meditation in a previous posting. I've read and enjoyed quite a few of Deepak Chopra's books and then I came across his CD, "The Soul of Healing Meditations". I will often listen to the first two sections, (breathing meditation and heart meditation), as a general relaxation for 15 minutes, but if I'm not feeling well I'll treat myself to the entire CD. The heart meditation is particularly good and frankly, having taken it out again, I feel I should do this section every day. The first part has you think about all the things you are grateful for in your life and the second part helps you to remove "toxic emotions from your heart". It includes a sentence, "Every decision I make is a choice between a grievance and a miracle. I relinquish all regrets, grievances and resentments and chose the miracle." You repeat this sentence 3 times and then think about someone who you feel resentful towards and forgive them and yourself.
I have to say using these simple, nature remedies, I am already feeling better. My body is relaxed enough for the healing to take place and I'm surrounded by beautiful aromas and nourishing liquids. Sometimes even being off colour can be fun - a real chance to nurture yourself.